5.12.16

Mmm, better not.

The girl with the messy hair has had her heart broken once again. What? What a surprise. Heck no. That's the story of my life, everyone. I've been crying non-stop these past couple of days, but I think I'm done. I've come to the realization that maybe, deep down, I knew all along. I knew he wouldn't ever want me back, and so I went forward knowing he would reject me. Then, why would I allow myself to fall in love, you ask? Easy... 

..because with the rejection, comes solitude, and solitude is what I need right now. 

I can't love someone else when I'm not completely happy with who I am. I still cover my body with huge sweatshirts, I still lower my head so people won't see my face, I still hide behind a smile when someone insults me instead of defending myself. 

This time I'm ready. Now, I'm gonna fall in love with myself. I'm gonna make myself proud. I'm gonna impress myself. I'm gonna. I'm gonna. I'm gonna.

You gotta too. 


Love, 
the girl with the messy hair.